Wednesday, February 17, 2010

40 days and 40 nights...

Day one of lent....
Sadly enough, giving up facebook is a real sacrifice. What was once just a means of reconnecting and catching up became a real obsession at some point during this past year. Having the application on my blackberry certainly didn't help with moderating my usage. I knew I had a problem when I found myself friend requesting someone I met playing scramble online. Yikes!
Sadly enough again, I have found myself with quite a bit of time on my hands. I also gave up drinking during the week which is not easy when you are Irish with no upper lip and have an office right next to your college roommate. I have learned that the only way for me to have any willpower is to get the lord involved. Typically my New Year's resolutions are forgotten by the 2nd of January. I've actually been gaining weight in 2010.
I suspect this Blog will really be taking shape in the up and coming weeks. I will have more time on my hands to do things like go to Market Basket, tour time shares, notice road flirts, manage my brother's campaign, shuffle papers around on my desk and pay attention to my boyfriend.
I'll let you know how this goes....Please do me a huge favor and don't friend request me or ask me if I want to grab a drink as I am quite fragile.

1 comment:

  1. I am here for ya Murph...way to go...it seems that since you have given up two things then I am covered as well for the duration of Lent...much appreciated =)

    ReplyDelete